Welcome to the Stay Alert Application.
Thanks for using the Stay Alert Application. This ‘Service’ is provided through the Unite For Change Movement, (“UFC”) which is a programme spearheaded by the Ministry of National Security, Jamaica with offices located at 2 Oxford Road, North Tower, Kingston 5.
By using the Services, you are agreeing to the following terms. Please read them carefully.
Using the Service
You must follow any policies made available to you within the Service.
Don’t misuse the Service. For example, don’t interfere with the Service or try to access it using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use the Service only as permitted by law. We may suspend or stop providing the Service to you if you do not comply with the terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using the Service does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the Service or the content you access or provide. You may use the content from the Service without obtaining permission up to what is permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in the Service. Do not remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with the Service.
The content generated by the user through this Service is for the sole purpose of why the Service was provided. Content from users determined to be a violation of our policies, will result in a removal of access and or refusal to provide future access to the user without liability.
Regarding your use of the Service, we will send you alerts, notifications, and other information. Opting out of receiving these communications is not possible.
It is recommended that as far as possible you do not use the Service in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic, safety or all applicable laws.
Your Stay Alert Profile
You will need a Stay Alert Profile in order to use the Service. You may create your own Stay Alert Profile, by requesting the Service at www.uniteforchangejm.org. There will be mandatory fields that must be filled out before your request can be submitted. These fields include but are not limited to; user’s photo, user’s Tax Registration Number, user’s last educational institution attended. It is vitally important that the information given in requesting the App. be accurate, as the information provided here is solely for validation purposes to ensure the correct identity of the prospective user. False or inaccurate information will result in the request being denied, or if later discovered, the service will be terminated.
Once approved a one-time limited access code will be provided to authenticate the use of the App.
To protect your identity and ensure that you receive the best of the Service, you will be asked to confirm your Stay Alert Profile in the application and confirm having read and understood the terms and conditions related to the use of the Stay Alert Application.
You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Stay Alert Profile. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your device and your Stay Alert Profile, please contact us through www.uniteforchangejm.org. and request the disabling of your profile.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
By using the Service, you agree that the Ministry of National Security can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies and the stated purpose of the Service and its related functions. We treat seriously your personal data and protect your privacy when you use the Service.
- The Ministry of National Security does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site and/or applications.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this office is held in confidence. You will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Ministry of National Security employs software programmes to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Ministry of National Security does not normally use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Ministry of National Security, which needs to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside of this organisation.
- The use of GPS locating in relation to the Service is limited to the stated purpose and related functions of the Service
Please contact us if you require more information or clarification on this policy.
Ministry of National Security
Information Technology and Systems Unit,
2 Oxford Road
Your Content in the Service
The Service allows you to submit content. You retain legal evidentiary responsibility for the content submitted.
When you upload or otherwise submit content to the Service, you give the right to use and share the content per the intended purpose of the Service.
If you violate the intended purpose and use of the Service by uploading or otherwise submitting content to the Service, which is outside of the intended purpose of the Service, you are both liable for your access to be removed and prosecution under applicable Jamaican Law
About Software in the Service
This software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available.
While access to the Service will be free of cost to all Jamaican nationals once approved to gain access, the use of the Service is limited to the intended purpose and functionalities as provided, in the manner permitted by these terms. Users may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the Service or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software.
Modifying and Terminating the Service
We are constantly changing and improving the Service. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
You can stop using the Service at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. We may also stop providing the Service to you, or add or create new limits to the Service at any time.
If you repeatedly violate the Service, your Stay Alert Profile may be suspended or deleted without notice, without liability directly or indirectly related to your loss of access to the Service.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide this Service with great national pride and a reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will be empowered by using the Service. But there are certain things that we do not promise about the Service.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms, the Ministry of National Security, any of its Agents, Service
Providers etc., makes no specific promises in relation the Service. For example, we don’t make any commitments about the content within the Service, the specific functions of the Service, or their reliability, availability, connectivity or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Service “as is”, we exclude all warranties.
Liability for the Service
The Ministry of National Security, its Agents, Service Providers etc., will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, physical harm or losses, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
In all cases, the Ministry of National Security, its Agents, Service Providers etc., will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to those reasonably foreseeable.
About these Terms
The Ministry may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to this Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to the Service. You should look at the terms regularly. Changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of the Service.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other term.
For information about the use of this Service visit www.uniteforchangejm.org